Monday, August 16, 2021

Moonglow Galax New watercolor paint, handmade

MOONGLOW GALAX


This is my version of famous watercolor paint by Daniel Smith, Moonglow. I love this color and use it quite a bit. I made my own version because I go through a lot of color quickly and feel that I need to re-fill my supplies many times over.

This is a shadow color, soft of a purplish grey. It is ideal for adding to other paints to tone them down or for creating unexpected, what I call "mysterious" shades. 

One of my favorite things to add Moonglow Galax is to the teals, blues, greens, and pinks. For some reason, the color has the ability to add a "velvety" feel to those colors. It has a very subtle shimmer to it, which is made up of an extra-fine dark red, slightly purple mica. The shimmer is barely noticeable and yet it adds life to a piece. I always believed that the shadows in watercolor can have life and vibrance!

Don't forget to visit the STAMPS and the STENCILS under SUPPLIES.

Moonglow Galax is available exclusively on my website and it can be purchased in half pans and full pans. 

Happy painting, my friends!
Hugs, Elena










Try it, you might fall in love as much as I am!


Handmade artist watercolor paints.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring ans summer watercolor painting adventures

Spring and summer are the perfect seasons to rediscover the joy of watercolor painting. As the world begins to bloom with vibrant greens, gl...