Thursday, October 8, 2020

Handmade Watercolour Journals

 Handmade Watercolor Journals

I love making my watercolor journals! I always feel that I want more choices in the sizes of paper when I go to the store. By making your own or buying handmade not only you get a good quality paper in your watercolor journal/sketchbook but your are also producing or acquiring something unique. 

Honestly, It doesn't pay much to make the journals by hand, I still have to pay for paper, and other materials, but there is such a joy in making them and especially using them when you are out with your book painting or just working in your studio at home.

I like to use mostly 140lb paper. However, if I would like to put more pages in a book, I use 90lb watercolour paper. It all depends. I find even if I wanted to I cannot put too many signatures, because the book becomes bulky and very heavy. I find 6-7 signatures with double pages works the best. So 24 sheets will give you 48 pages to paint on. 

Here are some journal I just recently added to my online store. 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring ans summer watercolor painting adventures

Spring and summer are the perfect seasons to rediscover the joy of watercolor painting. As the world begins to bloom with vibrant greens, gl...