Thursday, August 27, 2020

Making my own watercolor books and art journals

 


There is something about handmade things, don't you think? I love just getting the paper and putting them together in my own, cute little watercolour book with my own custom cover and the paper that I prefer. 

What I like doing also is using different types of paper in one journal. It doesn't all have to be that same paper from one manufacturer. On the contrary, I love finding little surprises in my watercolor journal. Quite often I select 4-5 different (leftover ) paper sheets and bind them together.

There are some supplies that I use all the time, no matter what book I am binding - be it an art journal, watercolor book, recipe notebook or just a journal of my favorite paintings and sketches. 


Check out my favourite Bookbinding Kit I have on my website, if you are interested.




Bookbinding Kit Tool 17 pieces

It is a great set of tools for bookbinding, can be used to make your own handmade books and art journals. Enjoy the process with the right tools. This kit will also work for book restoration.

THIS KIT INCLUDES:
1 x Bone folder
1 x Crease marker
6 x Large-eye needles
1 x Clear needles bottle
2 x Curved needles
3 x Flat waxed thread
1 x Wood handle awl
1 x Sewing thimble
1 x Small scissors

Check it out HERE:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring ans summer watercolor painting adventures

Spring and summer are the perfect seasons to rediscover the joy of watercolor painting. As the world begins to bloom with vibrant greens, gl...